If the above is true, then all of you should be head over heels for me by now.
I kid, I kid.
But I have been gone and because I cannot write out everything that has happened in the past month (wow, it actually has been just over a month) I have put together this handy bulleted list of things to which you can refer:
- Scintilla was awesome.
- Scintilla, in all its abounding awesomeness, was also exhausting. By the time it finished, I had neither the strength nor the inclination to write a damned thing.
- The end of the project coincided with an exceptionally busy time at work during which there were days when I became so incoherent with stress/rage/fatigue that it was all I could to get home, eat a handful of Shreddies and pass out.
- The Parents Typewriter came for a flying visit. During this visit, cake was provided, Nando’s was eaten, an uncle was visited. It was grand.
- My belligerent knees became downright apoplectic and required injections and now, the daily consumptions of digit-sized Glucosamine tablets.
- My brother went off to Indonesia right about the time the earthquake hit. Boy, what a fun few hours waiting for him to respond to our frantic texts.
- I decided that it was high time I redesigned uncletypewriter.com – I had procrastinated for two months.
- The redesign whooped my ass. Do you know who invented php? A loveless bastard who hates people and sanity in equal measure. That’s who.
- The winking owl in the header was designed by the lovely Brandee. Click on over to the owl & the typewriter page to see a bigger (colour) version and another winking owl drawn by Matt.
- There is new content in the “about” section.
- During a Body Attack class, I went over on my ankle and spent 10 days gritting my teeth against the pain and limping painfully slowly through London while people walked by me with barely suppressed laughter. The ankle is still twingey but at least I can walk like a normal person now.
- I registered myself as a Ltd Company which means that technically, I could hire employees.
- This is terrifying and wonderful at once. The joy I felt when the first documents addressed to me as “Director” was only rivalled by the terror I felt when I saw that I had to file my own company tax returns (praise be for accountants.)
- I booked a vacation to New York on the same day I booked a vacation to Copenhagen. This left me broke but beside myself with excitement.
- I’m going to Copenhagen on Friday.
- New York isn’t until June (41 days!!!)
- I went to a wedding yesterday; it was beautiful and the only thing that could have made it better was if I wasn’t constantly worrying that my igele was going to unravel and fall off my head.
- There was other stuff but alas, it is not blog-appropriate.
I have missed writing in this space. There is something very therapeutic about knowing that you have a place to spill to the debris of your life when holding it all in becomes a bit too much. It is even more therapeutic when you are not in the middle of a redesign that makes you want to put your face through a plate glass window.
How have you all been?
Leave a comment
Stereo. 20-something aspiring bon vivant. London based. Exceptionally Nigerian. Partial to snark. My default setting is "wry". Jeans and blazers are my uniform. Landlady. Speed reader, tuneless singer, hoarder of words, drinker of Schloer; I am suspicious of most people, have zero tolerance for tomfoolery, have a vast DVD collection, worship at the altar of Al Green, own too many bottles of nail polish, have small eyes, small ears and giant hair and owe approximately 86% of my awesome to the Parents Typewriter.
Want to know more?
- +2013 (24)
- +2012 (52)
- +2011 (98)
- +2010 (62)